I’m excited to share my maple cinnamon quinoa bowl with truRoots quinoa that is sure to become a new family favorite for breakfast.
Sharing meals together has long been a family tradition. Ever since I was a child, I enjoyed my mom’s home-cooked dinners with family each night. Family meal time is sacred time for relaxing and having real conversations free of distractions. Typically, when you think of a meal shared with a family, you automatically think of dinner. While I continue to love family dinners as an adult, I also enjoy “Family Breakfast.”
Family Breakfast entails the following criteria:
1) Everyone sits at the kitchen table together.
2) Everyone enjoys the same filling, nutritious breakfast.
3) We talk about our plans for the day.
4) No phones!
I’m a lot more health-conscious than the rest of my family, so I’m a known advocate quinoa because it’s a complete protein with all nine essential amino acids. I knew I had a winning combination when even the naysayers asked for second helpings while asking, “Are you sure this is quinoa?” You and your family will love this maple cinnamon breakfast quinoa breakfast recipe because it’s filling, wholesome, convenient, nourishing, and includes organic ingredients.
All the ingredients you need will probably already be in your kitchen, but if you don’t already have truRoots quinoa, now is the time! truRoots quinoa is available at Target where a sweet deal currently running only from September 24 to October 7, 2017 via the Cartwheel app for 30% off. If you ever shop at Target (like, ever), then downloading the Cartwheel app is a must. There are tons of awesome coupons you can apply at checkout by scanning your own unique barcode during checkout. Two pounds of quinoa for under $9 is a huge steal!
I enjoy truRoots because it is already pre-washed, so I don’t need to waste time rinsing it. truRoots quinoa is also certified USDA Organic, 100% grain-free, and is a gluten-free food. I love cooking meals for my family with truRoots quinoa because I know it’s nutritious, filling, and there are so many different ways to prepare it for any meal. While today’s recipe will be my maple cinnamon quinoa bowl, you can also use truRoots quinoa to whip up salads, sides, pre-workout snacks, and even smoothies! Quinoa is surprisingly versatile and is also very easy to prepare, making it the perfect accompaniment (or main attraction) to any meal.
The maple cinnamon quinoa bowl is a new favorite for Family Breakfast. It's easy to make, nutritious, packed with protein, and a real crowd-pleaser. Start your breakfast off right with this tasty truRoots quinoa recipe.
- 1/2 cup uncooked truRoots quinoa
- 3 cups organic plain nonfact Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, crushed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Chia seeds (to taste)
- Fresh organic berries (to taste)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (to taste)
- Combine 1/2 cup dry truRoots quinoa,1 cup of water,1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, and sea salt into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat on low, and cover for 15 minutes.
- Quinoa is done when it's fluffy and the germ of the kernel has puffed out.
- Add remaining coconut oil, crushed almonds, maple syrup, and cinnamon to the quinoa.
- Stir for a few minutes until almonds are evenly coated and you can smell the almond aroma.
- Add 3/4 cup Greek yogurt to each bowl, then top with quinoa covering half the bowl.
- Top maple cinnamon quinoa bowl with coconut flakes, fresh strawberries (or your favorite berries), and chia seeds.
Honey may be subbed for maple syrup if desired.
If you make this, I would love to see it! Tag @chasingthetaste on Instagram and hashtag #ChasingtheTaste with your creation.